DOG NOSE SHEA BUTTER & DOG PAW BUTTER is a moisturizer made from top quality pure Grade A, raw and unrefined SHEA BUTTER.
This soaks into your dog’s nose and cracked paws to provide a barrier cream effect however still allowing the nose and it’s skin to breathe. Shea butter comes in a solid format but melts in your hands to a creamy consistency.
HOW TO USE IT?
– Open the jar
– Scoop a small amount into one of your hands (use as a painters colour palette) and let it melt in your hand and use your other hand to apply/dab it to your dogs nose and/or paws.
– It will melt so no need to rub it in
– To distract your dog from licking it off – simply give a bone/filled Kong/cookie/treat or something he/she likes chewing on for more than 5 minutes or go for a walk
– Repeat 2 or 3 times a day for a few days or until nose/paws are back in shape
– For maintenance simply use as needed (usually once a week)
MY DOG FIGHTS AND WIGGLES WHEN I TRY TO APPLY ANYTHING!
A couple of tips:
– Sneak up on your dog when he/she is sleeping and gently dab it on the nose. If he/she wakes up, look away and act like you are doing something else.
Or – give a treat or cookie and then quickly dab it on the nose while they are actually eating the cookie/treat. I found holding the cookie in one hand and dab the nose with the other works well!
Remember, some dogs stress more when others when it comes to applying it to their noses – tends to be the more flat-faced dogs as their breathing is already compromised, hence it is natural for them to protect their breathing. Another great reason to not use Vaseline, baby diaper creams or any other thick product that does not “breathe” on their noses.
IS NOSE BUTTER SAFE? WHAT IF THEY LICK IT OFF?
Totally safe to ingest. Shea butter is even used for cooking in some countries.
If you have multiple dogs they may lick it off each others noses, give a treat to each of them to distract them all long enough for it to melt in. I would recommend to add it before bedtime – especially if you use crates
WHY IS THE NOSE PINK UNDER WHERE THE CRUST CAME OFF?
Simply put – new skin! By using our moisturising DOG Nose & Paw Shea Butter the crusty crud on your dogs nose will start to drop off, it may have been on his nose for months (or years) but is now being removed by the daily use of our Dog Nose & Paw Shea Butter. New skin may be pink looking and even tender but in just a few days the colour will change to your dogs own natural coloration look great again.
HOW LONG DOES NOSE BUTTER LAST?
Shea butter has an un-refrigerated shelf life of 18-24 months.
I LEFT MY NOSE BUTTER IN THE CAR AND IT MELTED!
Shea butter comes naturally comes in a solid format just like dairy butter, and just like dairy butter it also melts in warmer temperatures. The melting temperature of shea butter is 89-95 degrees. The good news is that the heat will not affect the healing and moisturizing properties of our Dog Nose & Paw Shea Butter
IS NOSE BUTTER DIFFERENT FROM PAW OR ELBOW BUTTER?
Official Disclaimer: Any info you find here is shared as information about Bursting With Nature’s products or information gained from reputable sources. If your dog seems unwell, please take your dog to the vet.